Are you celebrating 12 years of marriage? ! 12 years already!
So you are going to celebrate your silk wedding anniversary!
It is traditional to give a silk gift for the occasion: brocade, crepe, chiffon, poplin, satin, shantung, taffeta, tussore, wild silk. So many precious and refined fabrics to express your feelings and show that you love your partner as much as you love silk!
And you won’t object to the cost! You are in luck!
Firstly, according to the well-known adage “when one loves, one does not count the cost”!
Secondly, you have found your other half, and you fit together. You make a perfect whole: your story has lasted 12 years!
Thirdly, you have long passed the dreaded seven-year itch! You are either tenacious, a gambler, or happily in love! You have have defeated national divorce statistics all by yourself (well, with your partner). Hats off!
Fourthly: just imagine how much your will have to spend for your gold or diamond wedding anniversaries!
Finally, think a little about your embarrassment when you will have to choose your gift for:
- Camellia Wedding Anniversary (51 years): an invitation to cough?
- Maple Wedding Anniversary (58 years): the cheapest return trip to Quebec is around 900 € per person in the off-season!
- Larch Wedding Anniversary (69 years): you have no sawmill close to the house …
- Ochre Wedding Anniversary (71 years): she who hates dust …
You who have carefully avoided the Leather Wedding Anniversary trap (2 years), not knowing any serious leatherman and fearing that a leather present (without studs) after only 24 months together is a little too “explicit” …
No really, they told you: 12 years is a good age!
And since you’ve made it (both of you, because you aren’t alone in this feat), here are some affordable gift ideas for your twelfth wedding anniversary.
A – For him or for her:
– a silk scarf, a tie or a sleep mask!
– a beautiful silk sheet! Two ideally, in order to have a spare silk sheet!
– a silk duvet cover!
– a pretty silk bed set!
A quilt for summer, another for spring and autumn, one for winter – or better yet a “four seasons” quilt, so you can sleep in silk on any occasion!
B – For Geeks, “shopaphobes” and those who are afraid of choosing wrong:
A virtual gift card for House of Silk for 25, 50 or 100 euros, for your sweetheart to use however they want on our site. Two small clicks is all it take for unclouded happiness: one click for you and the gift card is addressed to the person of your choice; a click for her to get all the silk she wants!
C – For book-lovers:
– the four volumes of Jean-Paul Malaval’s “Les Noces de soie”! Alas, here we can do nothing for you!
D – For slightly wealthier couples and second rate lovers we recommend:
– a trip to China, silk has its origins in the Middle Kingdom!
– give 12 gifts, ideally in silk!
Whatever you choose, don’t forget to send a nice personalised card to say “Happy Birthday” or just “I Love You”!